Wednesday, February 4, 2009

FaMiLy

Okay, so I know I haven't posted in a long time so this is long over due!!
Some of you may know that I tend to tease a little about the fact that all six of my children still live at home, and they are costing me an arm and a leg...Truth is, I love having them all home and I appreciate what great kids they are. No they aren't perfect and thankfully neither are their parents, but we love them just the same!
For Christmas this year our kids made Darren and I a video, it was the greatest Christmas gift we could have received. It was set to music and had a little interview from each child and then photos of them from the time they were little, it included family trips and great times together! Robby LOVES to watch it and probably would watch it every day if we let him. He will say "lets all watch our happy family movie".
Then just a couple days ago I returned from a trip to Haiti, I left all my adult children in charge, especially since their dad has a pretty full schedule. When I walked in the door, the house was completely in order! I didn't get home until after midnight so the house was quite and everyone was in bed. I was standing in the clean kitchen looking around and feeling blessed (and very impressed), there were little notes on the counter welcoming me home, one very cute one written by Robby (with a little help from his sister Madi) telling me how much he missed me, and then I looked over at the fridge where one of my girls had written a quote in very nice print, like a poster, it read "Be the change you wish to see in the world" (by Ghandi)I was so touched by this! What wonderful examples my children are to me..We all need to be the change we wish to see in the world.
So I wanted to post some of my favorite photos of my kids that were taken during the holidays. To Gentry, Sterling, Madi, Chloe, Grayson and Robby, Thanks so much for your support and helping when I am out of the country. You are the best kids a mom could ask for! Love you tons!!














"Be the Change you Wish to see in the World"

7 comments:

Lori said...

Fabulous pictures! You do have great kids and a wonderful family!

Love you all!

Perla said...

you do have great kids! i sure love them. how cool about the video! i think i should make one for my parents. we'll see...

Meltmomma said...

That is soo awesome. Those are the moments you just want to store up, treasure and replay.Maybe I'll share this story with my kiddos before I travel. Think they'll catch on:)
Bambi

Pete and Mare said...

Hi Chareyl, your children are beautiful and just amazing! But it really goes both ways. I can truly see why they love you so much, you are such a wonderful lady! We both were wondering what we would come home to and our families really went the extra mile. Families are the best treasures ever!
With love,~ Mare
maybe you already know this but I love that quote too, it's at the top of our blog. :0)

big_smartmouth said...

i cannot believe how big grayson is!! the last time i saw him, he was still a tiny little kid. anyway, i didn't need to read a post to know your kids rocked. i already knew that!

mlg said...

Love the new blog look and you do have a great family, it is so nice to come home to a clean house, good job Moyes kids!!

Heather said...

What beautiful pictures and a touching post. It made me cry to with the beautiful music in the background. Your kids "get it" and there just could not be anything more wonderful. Heather