Thursday, October 30, 2008

AdOpTiOn

I came across these photos today of my niece Dari's fourth birthday party at McDonald's. While we were there that day a couple of my friends came in to celebrate one of their daughters birthday. As we all sat there watching the children play it occurred to us that right there in that little McDonald's there were 6 little children (with us) that had been adopted (by 5 families) from different parts of the world. One child from Micronesia, one from Bulgaria, two adopted from the foster care system and two from Haiti. It was very touching to all of us. Who would imagine that in a a McDonald's in South Ogden Utah, there would be children from all around the world touching the lives of so many families...What a blessing...What a joy...We decided to take their picture...(this was harder than we had anticipated and one little boy chose not to be in the photographs)

"Adoption is like a scavenger hunt, you have to travel so far sometimes to find the little treasures God has left for us but it is worth it in the end!" Maureen Kerik







"My Harvest I did not plant you, true. But when the season is done, When the alternative prayers for sun and for rain are counted, When the pain of weeding And the pride of watching are through, Then I will hold you high, A shining sheaf above the thousand seeds grown wild. Not my planting, But, by heaven, My harvest -My child."

Carol Lynn Pearson


For those of you my friends who are on this adoption journey, let me tell you from the bottom of my heart, It is worth it in the end, and no matter what part of the world they are coming from they will be YOUR child!

3 comments:

Perla said...

Thanks for reminding me of that awesome experience! I loved seeing the photos. I also love the quotes! I haven't read that Caroline Pearson one before. She writes so beautifully. I am going to have to save that one for sure!

Pete and Mare said...

Thanks for sharing such a fun sweet post and reminding me that we will do the day to day events and family celebrations in life once they are home. The Lord's plan is beautiful! Your chouce of quotes are wonderful too. I love you! Thank you! ;)

Bonnie @HobbytoHOT said...

Chareyl! Love you! So tender, so true. I can not even begin to explain in words to anyone how much little Kate has blessed our life already.

All in the Lord's time.

We love you. Just checking in and it looks like everyone is healthy and happy!